Key responsibilities include the development and strategic growth of the various local authority catering operations to include an iconic listed building as a prime location for wedding and event catering.
To set a strategic vision for all commercial projects and services, to deliver all required outputs to relevant quality standards within agreed timescales and budgets.
• Develop and implement plans that will support the establishment of the catering business as a successful food business
• To lead on the partnership between the catering business and the local authority
• To oversee the development and implementation of an effective sales and marketing strategy
• To ensure that enquiries are converted to sales through a compelling customer experience
• Develops sales, events and revenue targets and strategies to support optimum pricing, group ceiling and inventory controls to drive profitable business.
• To develop the events catering offer, ensuring that all catered events from weddings to meetings are delivered to a premium standard
• To oversee the roll out of catering outlets across the Borough.
• To oversee menu development, ensuring quality and pricing meet customer and business requirements. Manage co-operation with team and Council departments to develop new food & beverage concepts according to the Council’s brand and customer led requests and initiatives.
Essential Commercial Strong commercial approach to food and beverage operations, able to maximise sales whilst maintaining quality.
Experience in financial management of catering operations and reporting outcomes against business objectives.
Experience of developing commercial opportunities and developing business cases and plans. Knowledge of payment systems and how to utilise sales data effectively.
Event management, Hospitality and Catering Experience in managing and delivering high quality catered events, including menu planning, price setting, food presentation, service and logistics.
Effective sales and event planning and management skills.
Experience of setting up new hospitality ventures on time and to budget.
Sound understanding of food safety legislation and how to achieve 5 star food safety ratings in a range of settings.
An exceptional communicator able to operate and empathise with stakeholders and teams to influence and gain commitment to objectives.
Experience of report writing and communications for a variety of audiences, including senior stakeholders, demonstrating numeracy and literacy, and applying expert knowledge.
Experience in dealing with a range of complex and contentious matters requiring a consistently high degree of support, persuasion and advocacy and an awareness of strategic objectives.
Good written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, IT skills.
Ability to manage resources and co-ordinate work carried out by different people and organisations.
Ability to be decisive and work well under pressure.
Ability to work autonomously to meet the objectives of the organization
Desirable Management experience in five star/premium settings
Knowledge of event technology products and services Knowledge of current trends in event management
Educated to degree level or industry equivalent standards, qualifications in Hospitality and/or Event Management preferred.
Local to E17 area
Salary & Benefits:£55 - 60 k neg - The standard working hours are 36 hours per week (though flexibility is required) Leave is 23 days pa plus bank holidays, increasing by 1 day per year for each year’s service up to 5 years.