The Executive Chef is responsible for the complete food offering across three media outlets (on average 200 pax) and is responsible for all aspects of the catering operations including overseeing a team of 15 to include a location unit catering.
Team and staffing:
• Responsibility for the hiring of all food based catering staff across all departments
• Rosters, staff holidays, overseeing the recording of hours worked, O/T etc
• New starter training, Food Safety training, Health and Safety training etc.
• Responsibility for coordinating and managing all freelance and agency staff across all catering departments
• Responsibility for the planning and organisation of the Locations catering team for each job.
• Quarterly new seasonal menus across all sites.
• The creation of ‘prep’ and ‘recipe’ sheets for each menu.
• To produce the written menu that will be presented to clients with accurate allergen information present.
• Actively seek out new culinary trends and ideas that would work for the media client base
• Develop food offering to cater for all allergens and dietary trends of media client base
• Bespoke menu creation on an ad hoc basis for clients with special requests and additional needs
• Seek out new suppliers and exciting new products
Food production and service:
• Quality control of all food produced and served by the catering teams
• The smooth and efficient service and presentation of food.
• Source new and creative ways to serve and display food.
• To ensure all staff are catered for equally and staff food is budgeted appropriately.
• Work on location with the team ensuring the premium service and high standards are continually met.
• Cost out each menu ensuring the catering offer meets the set GP target.
• Purchasing (overseeing all food ingredients/consumables/disposables)
• Supplier pricing controls.
• COS tracking,
• Departmental budgets and monthly target tracking
• P&L management, inputting sales and costs.
Food Safety and Health and Safety:
• Ensure all food safety regulations are followed across all food production sites
• Achieve pass level for all Food Safety Audits perfumed by Food Alert or EHO
• Ensure staff are trained and certified to required levels for job remit.
• To keep the Food safety management system current and up to date.
• Development of new ‘white label’ catering as and when opportunities arise.
• To extend and develop current catering offer - to reintroduce cafe food/short orders for breakfast and lunch
• The development of the ’Locations Catering’ offer
• Client - recipe development. Digital social communication etc
£60-65k per annum