This well-established, multi-award winning brasserie has an exciting opportunity for a hands-on Head Chef to join this independently owned business. The restaurant offers high-end, contemporary Italian cuisine with a strong focus on seasonal ingredients sourced from local suppliers. Quality imported Italian products are used within the restaurant with every other menu element being freshly made by the team of chefs. Loved by corporate and local clientele alike the restaurant enjoys an excellent reputation and boasts an extensive menu selection offering lunch, dinner, group bookings and private dining.
The role will see the successful candidate overseeing a team of 10 within a busy operation with private dining rooms.
The venue can accommodate 150 covers and caters for corporate and local clientele.
- Responsibility for the smooth running of the kitchen
- Specify and delegate duties of kitchen staff
- Recruitment and supervision of staff, ensuring their efficient and effective working practices, quality of work and timekeeping.
- Manage effectively labour cost
- Hands on and lead by example
- Ensure all kitchen and related equipment is in safe working condition and is regularly cleaned to the appropriate standard
- Promptly report to the owner any defects in the kitchen or its equipment
- Adhere to the relevant standards set and maintain such records as are required by the Food Health and Safety Regulations
- Organise regular stock takes, and ensure that the required GP is achieved.
- Take responsibility for the cost effective ordering of all supplies relevant to the efficient running of the kitchen
- Cause a check to be made of the correctness of deliveries against delivery notes including pricing of individual items.
- Ensure that stocks of food, dry goods and other necessary items are maintained at appropriate levels
- Liaise with front of house staff and ensure that effective communication is achieved between them and kitchen staff
56k euros per annum + support with accommodation