The client is the head office for a well-respected franchise brand which provides: essential back office functions for its network of stores, their office is a busy/dynamic environment -
The Back Office /Commercial Manager is a newly created role in the organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a small office team who are responsible for the day to day back office functions such as:
- Store Operational Support – all-encompassing ie Maintenance, System Support, Stock Control etc
- HR – Recruitment/HR Guidance/Disciplinaries/Training Plans
- Accounting – KPI Analysis/Book Keeping/Senior Team Support on Cost Management/Payroll
- Sales & Marketing Campaigns
The Commercial Manager will report directly to the Directors and will work hand in hand with them to drive the business forward by providing high quality and efficient support to the network of stores.
This role would suite a candidate who is: Proactive, Energetic, ‘Confident’, A Fast Learner and can demonstrate that they have managed a small team successfully in a similar environment.
The successful candidate must be Commercially aware in all aspects of business, for example the candidate will be tasked with identifying and managing cost saving projects, as well as understanding KPIs for the business and assisting operational team to achieve those by the way of back office support.
- Team Management - Manage 5/6 direct reports who are responsible for HR, Payroll and Operational support.
- Operational Support – Work with the Directors to get an understanding of the operational priorities and ensure these are provided and delivered by the office team.
- Operational Team - Interact with the Senior Operational Team as needed to support them day to day.
- HR Guidance – Provide HR guidance as needed to the HR Function where possibly from experience or by retained resources.
- Accounting/KPI/Payroll – Oversee office to team to ensure they deliver on agreed deadlines and monitor quality and accuracy.
- Monitor and review existing business processes and workloads and refine as needed to ensure the team is working efficiently.
- General office management duties.
- Project work – Proactively ensuring the office is being run in the most cost-effective way and continuingly looking at ways of reducing costs.
- Strong back office management and organisational skills.
- Able to demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Experience of managing and leading small teams, to deliver the duties listed in Main Responsibilities.
- Must be highly IT literate with a passion to automate and streamline business processes.
- Occasional site visits will be required to provide support/training/HR assistance to the operational team. Hence, the candidate must have their own car and be a confident driver.
- The candidate must be confident and articulate as they will be required to represent the business on occasion alone and alongside the directors.
The candidate should be local to the Chertsy area or within easy commuting distance
£45 - 50 k per annum