The hotel is a renowned property family owned 4* hotel which has been refurbished and is a popular destination for weddings and events also with extensive grounds to include a stunning organic garden.
Exciting relocation opportunity to Ireland. A perfect role for a pastry chef looking creative freedom for themselves, within the context of a family owned 4 star establishment.: The ideal candidate will be someone with;
2 years+ in a similar role of a senior pastry chef
Ideally in a high-volume environment within a similar starred establishment.
An interest in desserts/pastry influenced by the seasons and local artisan suppliers.
This is the perfect role for a chef looking creative freedom for themselves, within the context of a family owned 4-star establishment.
The Head Pastry chef will work directly with the owners and senior kitchen team to:
· Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers.
· Prepare a wide variety of goods such as plated desserts, cakes, cookies, pies, breads etc
· Work with the head chef to ensure food costs are managed in a responsible way for the pastry department
· Manage your pastry team, to ensure consistency and quality
· Utilise our organic garden and local suppliers to encapsulate our ethos and drive for quality.
· Maintain a clean and orderly cooking station and adhering to health and safety standards.
· Follow and adhere to HACCP compliance within the kitchen
· Assist with the development and training of Junior colleagues within the Pastry Team.
2+ years of experience as a Senior Pastry Chef is essential, preferably within the context of high volume
Excellent communication and organisational skills
Will have a calm professional demeanour and a passion for delivering great product.
Great people skills and experience of managing large teams
Must have a stable working history with excellent checkable references
Would require own transport as in stunning rural location and 15 mins drive from nearest town.
What we offer:
Salary 45 - 50k euro dependent on experience.
Accommodation can be provided for the right candidate
Full leisure facilities, including Gym, swimming pool and Sauna
Exceptional work life balance, within the beautiful Irish countryside
Training and development, including accredited courses
£45 - 50k sterling plus accommodation