|Vacancy Title:||Catering and events operations manager - East London|
|For the successful candidate the majority focus of the role will be to set up this premium event led venue, developing a corporate and private event catering offer. The site is the biggest revenue generator of the outlets and you will also have an oversight into the five planned council owned cafe openings across the borough. The client is committed to providing a high quality food offer, supporting local producers and catering partners, providing excellent customer service and creating local training and job opportunities within the borough.|
• Acting as the principle contact for the Council’s Executive & Hospitality team. Managing this client relationship productively and ensuring service is delivered to agreed standards.
• Managing bookings for corporate and private hospitality including ordering stock and booking staff.
• Designing menus tailored to each site, bringing a quality range at a variety of price points to customers.
• Establishing and managing a supply chain which supports local producers where possible and ensures consistency and scale.
• Overseeing kitchen and café refits and ensuring they are equipped and furnished to the required standard.
• Implementing and maintaining operating systems, SOP's controls and processes to ensure efficiency and synergy across all sites.
• Setting up partnerships with local catering companies to service bespoke events.
• Managing and growing a database of food traders and bar providers for large events.
Monitoring and reporting on pricing, cost, waste and sales trends to ensure the offers deliver high quality provision profitably. •
Overall responsibility for health & safety and food standards compliance across all sites.
• Staff management, training and recruitment, developing and establishing a team to respond to growing business needs, including a pool of flexible staff.
• Ensure the initiative actively develops social as well as financial value, providing jobs and training to local residents , drawing visitors to Council owned spaces.
• Leading the growth offer across Council sites at a pace that enables success and creates jobs.
• Support the head of service in setting the business plan, including strategy for growth, and reporting against these to the Managing Director and Board.
You will be supporting the council in revenue generating initiatives.
The successful candidate will have experience in managing multiple cafe sites with experience of delivering on events both for the corporate and private sector i:e (weddings)
• Working within corporate and event catering settings and understanding what creates success in this area, including setting up processes and procedures to ensure consistent quality.
• Creating, leading and motivating teams in hospitality settings to deliver excellent customer experience. •
Designing menus tailored to individual locations to offer quality food at appropriate price points.
• Kitchen design and management and good knowledge of equipment.
• Financial management: experience of managing and monitoring costs, sales and margins in a catering setting to ensure business units operate profitably and to a high standard.
• A thorough knowledge of health and safety, food standards and safety, HACCP and food information regulations and their practical application in hospitality settings.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, able to work with corporate and private clients as well as public facing services.
• Confident use of technology, including MS Office suite.
• Willingness to work flexibly outside core office hours and at weekends as required.
Desirable: • Working with food traders to service public events. • Developing partnerships with external caterers to provide a bespoke offer customers. • Reporting on business development to senior stakeholders.
Charismatic with previous experience in the management of multis site operations
The standard working hours are 36 hours per week (though flexibility is required) Leave is 23 days pa plus bank holidays, increasing by 1 day per year for each year’s service up to 5 years.
|Salary & Benefits:|
You will need to have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role, along with all the necessary supporting documents.