To undertake the day to day supervision of senior Village staff to ensure the smooth running of the community.
To monitor attendance, managing issues of absence as they arise to ensure that service levels are maintained and budgets adhered to.
To ensure that the administrative processes associated with employment are carried out in line with company policy and all statutory obligations.
To ensure that all staff within the Independent Village receive Induction training and ongoing training in line with both local practice and the Villages policies and procedures.
- Deliver high level of customer service to all residents and visitors to the Village.
- To be a visible presence and provide a first point of contact for Residents ensuring that issues are dealt with in an efficient and professional manner, whilst balancing the financial constraints of the business and the Residents’ expectations.
- To seek to understand the Residents’ perspective and address all issues raised on that basis.
- To respond in a timely manner to any complaints made by Residents or their relatives ensuring that full details of both the complaint and the action taken are recorded.
- To ensure the appropriate, timely and cost effective response to individual resident’s requests for maintenance of their premises as provided for in the Lease and to ensure that all such requests are properly logged and tracked.
- To ensure that an out of hours emergency maintenance service is available to residents as needed.
- To engage contractors where appropriate to carry out cost effective and high quality work.
- To manage the relationship with contractors to ensure adherence to Retirement Villages policies and procedures whilst they are working on site.
- To provide support to individual residents in respect of ad hoc issues as they arise, directing individuals to other appropriate agencies as appropriate.
- To work collaboratively with the Village Residents’ Association and its elected Committee and Officers.
- To attend meetings of the Residents’ Association Committee (by invitation) and to meet regularly with the Chairman of the Residents’ Association to discuss matters relating to the life and work of the Village.
- to prepare an Annual Village Business Plan for the Village taking account of the local needs and the overall objectives of Retirement Villages.
- In conjunction with the Estates Manager and Director, to prepare and monitor the annual budgets for the Villages taking account of the requirements of the Lease and Deed and the approved Business Plan, undertaking all necessary consultations with the Residents.
- To deliver all contractual services to residents within the parameters of the approved budget
- To ensure the timely collection of all service charges and other sums due from residents.
- To meet with the Residents Finance Group to discuss the Budget and End of Year accounts.
- To assist is promoting the sale of other services provided by Retirement Villages or any of its associated companies to the residents of the Village.
Health & Safety
- To be the designated person with overall responsibility for Health and Safety matters within the Village
- To ensure the provision of a safe environment for Residents, staff and visitors
- To comply with all legislative requirements and local and Company wide policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety at Work
- To work collaboratively with any consultants appointed by the company to provide advice and guidance on Health and Safety matters.
- To ensure the adequate recording and reporting of Health and Safety at Work in line with Company policies and Procedures and also with any statutory requirements.
- To be involved with the delivery of additional products and services, and to promote the brand within each Village.
- To ensure that the Managing Director is fully briefed on all matters relating to the running of the Village on a regular basis.
- To prepare any reports, briefings or other documents which may from time to time be required by Senior Managers or Directors of the Company.
- To attend any such meetings and training courses as may be reasonably required, including where necessary overnight stays away from home.
- Such other duties as are commensurate with the post.
- To act in the best interests of the company to assist in property sales and the whole re-sale process where residents or their relatives are seeking to assign the lease of their property.
- Through regular inspection ensure that a high quality environment is maintained throughout the Village.
- To act on behalf of the Landlord in property matters within the parameters set by the Managing
Key Candidate Attributes:
A hospitality management background required
An ability to work with older people
Experience of leading and motivating a team
Representing the company both in the Village Community and more widely