This exciting established and growing mutis site brand works with small, sustainable and ethical farms throughout the UK, they have gained a fantastic reputation for offering premium meats and other bespoke food products and also have a growing online ecommerce presence.
Responsible for management of the day-to-day operations and running of the shops, regularly working autonomously to ensure business objectives are met. •
This is very much a practical role that requires strong communication skills as well as the ability to engage and motivate the butchers and retail staff. We are looking for a solutions person as opposed to a problem reactive character. A people's person, but with strong management skills.
The future of the business very much is digital and online, so a strong understanding of growing ecommerce would be required
Working for supportive operators, you will have previous area /operational management experience within a premium retail food store/butchery concept successfully overseeing the management of multiple sites on a day to day basis ( currently 4 outlets)
- Preferred experience and knowledge of butchery. This can either be from a commercial or practical side. We are looking at promoting this aspect from within for practical aspects, but there is a need for strong knowledge of the industry.
- Strong HR skills for management of butchers and shop staff. They must be able to motivate and engage with butchers. This will involve everything from administrative through to disciplinary etc.
- Recruiting, interviewing and induction.
- Administrative duties: organizing resources, rotas for the stores
- Work proactively to drive growth across the business and shops, and make key decisions to problem solve on a regular basis.
- Regulatory implementation of EHO policies and procedures and ensuring compliance in all 4 locations.
- Commercial awareness, including negotiating costings and contracts.
- Financial and accounting awareness to assess store GP’s and profitability and ability to work towards improvement.
- Quality control.
• Minimum 10 years' experience working within a comparable high end food led retail operation at a management level • Must be polite and professional in communications and be a friendly individual with a positive and motivating approach • Prior experience of training, mentoring and developing teams • Someone with a calm approach and the ability to be hands on and take on duties outside of their remit when required to ensure the smooth running of the outlets
Experience and a thorough knowledge of the fine foods and the butchery industry, with a strong understanding of emerging trends.
• An understanding of health and safety and food hygiene regulations and policies. • Experience in high growth evolving environments is beneficial with a solid understanding of current of driving online revenue and logistics
Company transport available /laptop provided
Hours primarily Monday to Friday daytimes - though ad hoc weekend work could also be required
£ 55- 60k + 5% share option.