Contemporary Restaurant Cafe within an established highly reputable brand,attracting a fashionable and eclectic crowd is currently offering a fantastic and exciting opportunity for a highly motivated area restaurant manager. Inspired British cooking reflecting seasonality, offering both formal and casual dining within modern contemporary interiors.
- Responsible for overseeing the daily running and commercial success of two London located restaurants and any future restaurants, ensuring that the company brand and style is maintained
- Responsible for supervising international franchisees.
- Responsible for the business performance of the restaurants
- Analyse and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability
- Oversee and manage allocated budget
- Collaborate with Chef to plan and develop recipes and menus taking into account seasonal availability of ingredient, production costs and likely consumer demand
- Overall responsibility for charge and cash receipts, ensuring tills are balanced and reporting any discrepancy Head Office
- Take responsibility for standards of health and safety achieving highest hygiene inspection standards.
- Liaise with Facilities, Head Chefs and Restaurant Managers to inspect supplies, equipment and work areas to ensure compliance to health and safety standards
- Assist Head Chefs and Restaurant Managers in negotiating prices with suppliers
- Assist the Head Chef and Restaurant Manager in the recruitment and training of kitchen staff
- Oversee the refit and maintenance of restaurants
- Act as a link between Head Office and the Restaurants, reporting in on business developments/challenges
- Prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales
- Motivate , support and lead Restaurant Assistant Managers and Head Chefs
- Reporting approaches from potential franchises
- Assist in selecting potential franchises
- Gather information on franchisees and present it to the Operations Director.
- Responsible for organising training for the franchisees
- Ensure franchisees comply with the operations manual
- Review and update the operational manual on a regular basis
- Occasional travels abroad will be required.
- Restaurant and Kitchen staff
- Head Office
- Strong management skills
- Dynamic can do attitude and a warm people person
- Previous management experience in food service, preferably multi site
- Previous experience of planning and managing budgets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientated
- Strong organisation and prioritising
- Ability to multi task
- Sound decision making and problem solving
- Strong interest in developing the business worldwide.
£50 - 55k per annum