This award-winning destination hotel has been recently refurbished, alongside its luxury 90 bedrooms it also boasts extensive grounds including a stunning organic garden and spa facilities. As well as being a popular wedding venue the resort is also well-established as a premier conference and events centre.
The ideal candidate will have the skills and experience to:
Manage a large team effectively, the operation is very busy with large scale events, so a highly organized mentoring chef is imperative for this role.
- Enforce the highest possible standards of work within the kitchen
- Manage the roster ensuring proper coverage is provided to suit the demands of the business
- Training, developing and recruiting the team.
- Manage the maintenance of the kitchen and plan the kitchen layouts to the highest standards
- Ensure food costs are managed in a responsible way
- Work with our gardening team to ensure food plan is implemented
- Collaborate with our social media team to tell our food story
- Engage in events that help recruit, promote, and engage with our community
- Manage the team in a proactive way, developing progression plans for full time staff
- Ensure the production is controlled, costed, and fit for purpose
- Monitor, adapt and manage the HACCP plans for the whole kitchen
- Refine the kitchen structure to maximise the efficiency of the department and constantly plan the manpower requirements of the department
- Build links with chef training colleges, attracting chef talent across Europe and beyond
- Organise the daily running of the kitchen by facilitating daily department meetings, weekly kitchen management meetings and induction of new team members
70 - 75k Euros per annum