The owners have built up this very successful restaurant operation over the years and are now looking to step away from the business and focus on another project representing an excellent unique opportunity for a GM to step in, (with profit incentives) oversee the operation in London W1 and continue to maintain the excellent reputation for quality and consistency.
The ethos of the company is to provide a premium level of service and quality of food within a busy fast paced retro style fish and chip restaurant.
The venue offers a warm welcome for many repeat international customers primarily tourist who have heard about the operation and want to try the quintessential fish and chips experience done well.
The operation is primarily dine in table service, with a small percentage of take out ( approx 20 % take out)
You will have full support for the HR processes with an outsourced company and also work closely with the accountant.
Monthly management meetings with the owners / realistic targets in place (based on previous sales figures)
Hand over period
Responsible for the supervision and management of your team
Recruiting, training and inducting new members of staff into the team
Heading up regular core management meetings
Ensuring that you lead from the front and by example, this a really hands on management role inspiring, leading and mentoring the team to work together and to offer consistently high levels of service.
Overseeing opening/security and closing duties and producing weekly rotas
Weekly sales averaging 35- 40 k per week
Team of 12
The ideal candidate will:
· Have a genuine passion for hospitality and the ability to oversee a fast paced casual dining operation
· Be able to maintain the excellent standards and levels of customer service the venue has established
· Have initiative and a drive and create a positive and productive working environment
· Have a great attitude and create a work environment that the staff feel happy to be part of.
· Be customer facing and approachable
· Have strong attention to detail
· Be self-motivated, team spirited, and the desire to be at the helm of an independently owned business where you will have full repsonsability
· Be reliable and hard working
· Will have worked in a premium casual dining operation - preferably have experience in both branded and non branded operations where quality and consistency is key.
package - 60 k - 50 basic plus 10 k ote