Set in a stunning part of the UK in Gloucestershire this will be the first rooftop restaurant this summer in the surrounding area to open. Set over two floors to accommodate over 100 covers the ethos is to serve fresh, local produce that changes to suit the seasonal calendar. The venue is currently operating throughout the day, with a mix of working breakfasts and lunches, afternoon tea, a la carte and a tasting menu. The restaurant wants to ensure an unforgettable dining experience for guests and so a high level of service is key.
- Take responsibility for the day to day running of the restaurant and its overall financial and commercial performance
· Ensure excellent customer service from start to finish
· Communicate with the reservations team to organise table reservations, ensure guests requests are met, and expectations exceeded
· Co-ordinate staff members to ensure everyone is working as a team and supporting one another
· Train and monitor the development of a large team, managing staff attendance and workload.
· Offer mentorship to a team of young leaders
· Aid and improves the guest experience to ensure a seamless dining experience
· Build, optimise and enforce a robust framework of policies, standard operating procedures and a high performance culture.
· Add to the F&B, brand, marketing and commercial strategy
· Work closely with the board, executive head chef and management to deliver strategy
· Follow and implement Health and Safety regulations, completing due diligence
· Write rotas with management to cope with a busy seasonal pattern
· Help the business comply with all legal requirements and licensing laws
· Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that are clear and unambiguous
· Comply and develop a Code of Conduct and Company Policies
· Manage and oversee payment systems, petty cash and ensure all bills are settled at the end of each day
· Set solid but realistic financial and commercial targets for the bar, wine cellar and kitchen
· Complete general administration such as daily reports, cashing up, stock control, managing budgets
· Infer and analyse financial and commercial performance and communicate this to the board.
· Oversee stock levels and supplies each day
· Understand the difference between cost cutting/profit maximisation & value engineering
£50-60k per annum