Our client is an acclaimed neighbourhood restaurant housed in a beautiful, industrial style setting with a light and airy open kitchen. The menu's focus is on seasonal, sharing dishes using amazing produce and cooked in the wood oven and charcoal grill. Flavours are big, bold and influenced by an eclectic range of cuisines, from Middle Eastern to Mediterranean. Where possible meat is sourced from the owner's farms, especially our Tamworth pork, venison and pheasant. The company's focus is on a culture of kindness, promoting good working practises, work/life balance, and providing a nurturing, supportive and fun work environment. We value positive, proactive attitudes and open, friendly communication.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head Chef looking to develop their career within an established and forward-thinking brand. We are looking for a creative, highly organised and dynamic Head Chef to join our team.
- To work collaboratively with the co-founders, both creatively and practically to deliver menus that work across all areas (restaurant and events) and ensure consistency and quality are maintained.
- Run all aspects of the kitchen, from recruiting, training, leading and developing the kitchen team, to managing and understanding food costs, stock control, profit and waste margins, wage costs, ordering and supplier management.
- Create a strong relationship with the front of house team to ensure they remain informed and excited about the menu.
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and compliant working environment and adhering to all health and safety and team welfare standards.
Creative Menu Development
You will have experience of working within a reputable London fresh food restaurant operation and used to a busy service, the covers of this operation can vary from 80 covers for lunch to up to 150 covers for evening service, with private events ( there is within the brigade an events chef )
- Creatively driven and happy to collaborate on menus with the co-owners, channelling their own creativity to develop innovative dishes in the restaurants style.
- Up to the challenge of creating frequently changing sharing menus, with dishes that take influence from a diverse range of cuisines, whilst maintaining a cohesive and well-balanced menu.
- Passionate about working with incredible produce and confident cooking with a wood fired oven and charcoal grill.
Team Management and Development
- Strong leadership qualities are essential, mentoring, training and supporting the kitchen team.
- Highly experienced with managing all areas of kitchen financial performance; including food costs, GP targets, waste margins, stock control, labour cost targets.
£55- 60 plus quarterly bonus