Offering a great opportunity for a motivated and adaptable head chef looking for that next long term role, who can help contribute to the continued success of this highly regarded authentic French restaurant. The restaurant on a busy evening can cater up to 90 covers, an average week day evening can do 50 covers and attracts a loyal local clientele.
The responsibilities of the Head chef include
The restaurant on a busy evening can cater up to 90 covers, an average week day evening can do 50 covers.
- Be entirely responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen
- In conjunction with owner, set and keep to an annual salary budget for kitchen staff
- Specify and delegate duties of kitchen staff
- Recruitment and supervision of staff, ensuring their efficient and effective working practices, quality of work and timekeeping.
- Manage effectively labour cost
- In conjunction with the owner, develop dishes and menus
- The hands on approach needed requires the post holder to be fully involved in preparation and cooking of meals
- Ensure all kitchen and related equipment is in safe working condition and is regularly cleaned to the appropriate standard
- Promptly report to the owner any defects in the kitchen or its equipment
- Adhere to the relevant standards set and maintain such records as are required by the Food Health and Safety Regulations
- Organise regular stock takes, and ensure that the required GP is achieved.( currently at 70%)
- Take responsibility for the cost effective ordering of all supplies relevant to the efficient running of the kitchen
- Cause a check to be made of the correctness of deliveries against delivery notes including pricing of individual items.
- Ensure that stocks of food, dry goods and other necessary items are maintained at appropriate levels
- Liaise with front of house staff and ensure that effective communication is achieved between them and kitchen staff
£50-60k per annum