Our client is now looking to expand the team as they move into the next stage of the business. They are looking for someone who shares their ambition to join their team and be an integral member of the operation by heading up the kitchen production creating tasty seasonal ready meals from their bright and airy production kitchen. Working with some of the best meat, fish and vegetable suppliers in the UK, the focus is on creating the best version of every dish possible for people to enjoy at home.
Our production team is the engine of what we do. The team is responsible for everything from the moment the produce arrives at the kitchen to the moment the finished dish is sealed, packed and frozen. We are looking for someone to join our team with a vision to take on sole responsibility and management of kitchen production.
You will be the first point of contact between the kitchen and the Head of Food, coordinating your day and your team to manage the demands of cooking and production.
The position requires high levels of initiative and discipline to manage a workload and organise a team effectively.
We are looking for someone that is invested in our values, up for a challenge and has a positive attitude.
Key Responsibilities include:
Running the kitchen and the kitchen team
• Producing dishes to specification and maintaining a high level of quality • Innovating cooking techniques to improve results or efficiencies • Working with the Head of Food to develop new dishes and launch them
• Identifying areas for improvement
• Managing and leading the production team in a positive and organised manner
• Ensuring we are compliant on all hygiene levels
• Training and developing new team members
• Ordering stock for production, manage stock rotation
Must Haves • 3 years cooking experience • Management or team leadership experience
• A passion for quality food and produce
• A desire to achieve and improve • A real sense of pride in your work
• A proactive attitude and confidence in your abilities • Food Hygiene level 2
Benefits • Competitive salary: £35-38k depending on experience
Benefits • No weekend or evening work! Hurray! Regular working hours Monday-Friday
• 33 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays) • Annual pay reviews • Maternity and paternity pay • Cycle to work scheme • Personal development budget • Be one of the first in the door at an ambitious and growing company • Quarterly company socials • Weekly team lunch • Supplier trips - trips to meet and explore where our wonderful ingredients come from
• Great coffee at work Additional information. Location: SW 17 Size of team: 6 (3 in the office, 3 in the kitchen). Desired start date: As soon as possible Type of kitchen: New production kitchen (light and airy with windows)